Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Polycom Phones and caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

One of my customers has polycom 550's running the 4.0.3. When they replace an employee and I change the name on the phone and reprovision, it still shows the old name on other phones when recieving a call from that phone.

Where do the phones get their internal caller ID from? Anyone seen this or know how to resolve it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Please change the name from the management console. Log in to the console and go to extension management and change the name from there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netswork

netswork Active Member

Yes, of course we do that. The problem is when that extension, with the new name in the management software, calls another extension it still shows the old previous name. Not the new name that we changed it to.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

For the most part, caller names will be in one of three places...the originating phone/device, 3CX extension datafill, or in the directory of the terminating device (caller number match).

5. GManNAtl

When you make changes in 3CX, a provisioning file will be updated for each provisioned phone entitled [mac]-directory.cfg. The phones will only get the new directory when rebooted in my experience. I have a site with 331's that I just remote in at night and reboot after making changes.

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Try re-provisioning your phone after making the changes.

7. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I've a few installations with Polycom 450's, 550's as well. Be sure to reporvision the handsets, reboot the hanbdsets. Also it looks like a new firmware is available you may want to upgrade the firmware as well,.

8. netswork

netswork Active Member

To get the caller ID to change I had to reboot all of the other phones. Not just reprovision the phone I changed. It seems the other phones cache the caller ID info or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.