Polycom Provisioning and 3CX v8

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrisneal, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisneal

I am testing some Polycom SoundPoint IP 550 handset. I can get the handset to boot and access via FTP the provisioning folder of 3CX... No problem... Where I'm a little confused is based on the documentation it looks for a <mac address>.cfg file (Here is the one generated by 3CX)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <!-- mac.cfg -->
    <!-- Generated by 3CX PhoneSystem -->
    <APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="sip.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY=""/>

Next 3CX is generating a <mac address>-phone.cfg file. (Very large.. I won't bother posting here..)

Shouldn't the above file read
    <!-- mac.cfg -->
    <!-- Generated by 3CX PhoneSystem -->
    <APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="<mac address>-phone.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY=""/>

The phone is booting but not getting the line 1 settings

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

What version BootRom and Firmware are you on? It is highly recommended you be on BootROM 4.1.2.0037 and SIP 3.1.3.0439

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chrisneal

BootRom 4.1.1.0232
    SIP 3.0.4.0061

I'll update and see if it changes. It doesn't seem that it's pulling the config from the FTP server.

4. chrisneal

Got it working... There was a setup problem on the FTP server for the user the Polycom uses... It was never pulling the configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.