• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom Provisioning Oddness

Status
Not open for further replies.

instantexpert

Reaction score
I've got a V7 system running on WS2008 x64 and it has been running stably for several weeks with 3 phones. I just provisioned 20 more phones yesterday and the system flaked big time. All seems to be running OK after a restart but the provisioning on the 20 new phones looks different than on the 3 original phones. I'm trying to find out what is different and if there is anything I can or should do.

All 23 phones are Poylcom IP560 GB SIP phones. They are all running BootROM 4.1.1 and SIP 3.10RevB (one phone is running 3.1.1). The 3CX provisioning is for FW 3.04.0061 and that is a version I have been unable to locate so I used the closest available.

The first three phones downloaded the directory and the soft buttons on the left of the phone with the BLF lights show the extension of the user and then my first three extensions in the system with the user names. Changing the BLF settings in the provisioning screen does not change these. However, my latest batch of 20 phones with the same firmware and provisioned in the same way did not get any of these extra features. They just show the extension number in the top left but do not show any of the other extensions and the directory is not downloaded.

I've been operating under the presumption that the Polycom provisioning is unfinished and will improve over time but I don't know if there is something wrong with what I've done to make the two batches of phones behave differently. So, do I leave it be or do I need to be solving these inconsistencies? If I need to be doing something, what is it that I should be doing?

No, the problem is that I provisioned two batches of phones in exactly the same manner (about three weeks apart) and the first batch received what I shall call "features". :)

These three phones have names on the left side of the screen near the four line buttons and BLF. I can't configure those names because it just picked my first three extensions but they are there, nonetheless. These phones also received a directory of extensions.

The second batch of 20 phones provisioned with the extension number but the "features" are absent. They just get their extension number next to the line button on the upper left.

What I'm trying to figure out is why there is a difference when the provisioning process was the same for all 23 phones.

Does that make more sense?

I too, am experiencing the same issue.

It appears that the Polycoms are provisioning the phone lines the way I want and then starting from the beginning of my extension list numerically and putting BLFs for the remaining unused lines.

I'm actually confused as to why this is happening.

To add to the confusion, even if I delete an extension that is listed as one of the BLFs it still shows on the phone, just as unregistered.

I am experiencing this problem as well.

Upon successful provisioning, the Polycom SIP 670 will populate the hard line buttons (BLF I assume?) with :

1: The correct extinsion
2-6: Extensions which exist, in alphabetical order (AKA, not what I want).

I want these to be the Shared Park extensions. I have configured the provisioning for the extension to use SP extensions for BLF 2-6.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem? (Hopefully without rewriting the provisioning template, but I will if necessary.)

Thanks,
Brett

Hi Brett,

What version of the SIP application are you using on the handset ?.

I'm setting up a 3CX v9 system and initialy coudl not get this to wokr, I had to go to v 3.2.3.x for this to work correctly for me.

Thanks.

p.s. being Polycom guys are you gettign your dialplan.digitmap settinsg to work correctly, or having to press 'Send' to make a call ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.