Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Polycom provisioning time/date

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

Am I overlooking something in the phone provisioning in 3cx that would set the time/date (NTP server) and time offset?

I can do this through DHCP options, but it would seem to me that the 3cx/polycom provisioning would be a great place to do this.

The standard provisioning via 3cx interface results in the "flashing" time/date - meaning no time server. Once a time server is specified in DHCP options, it displays UTC. Once a time offset is provided in DHCP options, things are OK. Of course, when DST ends it's looking like a manual fix ;-(.

I hope I've overlooked something!

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

To my knowledge there is no preset provisioning function for NTP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX will get the time from the PC time. Each external device usually has a setting to input a time server IP/address, although I have encountered a older D-Link ATA that relied on info coming from the SIP provider.

4. cfive

cfive Member

Thanks,

We'll use the DCHP options then.

I wonder if it's worth a feature request though - to have it added to the phone provisioning options in 3cx?

- Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.