Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Polycom provisioning tips

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

I have a new 3cx install - hopefully the first of many. I'm learning. Currently (using v8 b2), with Polycom 330 and 550's. It all works nicely, but I could use a few tips on the phone provisioning.

Users have to press "send". I understand this is controlled by the "dial plan", but I don't know where to configure this. Is it in one of the .cfg's, or can it be done via 3cx "provisioning templates".

Along the same lines, the 330's ship with default line1 and line2 buttons, and I want to remap the line2 button to messages. I have the polycom instructions to do so, but can't seem to locate the <key/> parameter in any sip.cfg as the instructions say. Even then, I'm not sure this shouldn't/couldn't be done via 3cx phone provisioning templates.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

search the forums here for DigitMap for details on fixing up the dialplan. Im not sure why you would want to remap the line 2 key where there is a Messages button on the phone though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cfive

cfive Member

Thanks, Kerry -

The 330's don't have a messages key (550's do); one has to use the menu, or, dial and <send> ;-).

I'll search DigitMap - while I do understand it, I don't know how to configure it especially relative to the new provisioning template functionality in v8.

- Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.