• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 - Calls drop after 15 minutes exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkinyyz

Reaction score
We have the phone noted above but can't get it to work with 3CX. It's a normal SIP phone and worked fine with our last SIP provider. Whenever we use it on 3CX, after 15 minutes exactly the call drops. To us it shows it's still active, but it has actually hung up on the other person. Does anyone know if there's a setting or something I need to change to make this work properly or why it would drop after 15 minutes exactly every single time?

The other issue is that the user that it is assigned to also is set to ring calls on their mobile plus the 3CX softphone. If someone calls, all 3 phones ring, however if they answer the call on their cell or 3CX softphone the Polycom just keeps ringing for over a minute showing incoming call.

Hello @checkinyyz

Please provide some more details regarding your setup so that we are able to further assist you.
What PBX version are you running? Is this a local installation or a cloud installation?
Also is the phone local to the PBX and is it manually provisioned? Is it local to the PBX or remote?
Are you using a supported provider? Can you replicate the issue with a 3CX client? Did you run the firewall checker? Does it pass?

This is an un-supported device, so unless you have managed to acquire a custom template (of which I am not aware of any going around for this model) then it will be manually setup.

If this issue is apparent on this one brand/unit type and drops at exactly 15 minutes each time it should be fairly easy to run the logs and PCAP trace.

It's 3CX 15 or whatever the latest is running on Amazon from the PBX Express. All firewall checks pass. We use 3CX softphone, as well as Bria softphone and they never drop. I'm going to do more testing today but all we did when changing from our last provider was update the SIP username/password etc. It's also on the latest firmware.

I understand it's not supported but it's also the newest Polycom conference phone, so when we needed a new phone months ago we weren't going to buy something that is old. I'm planning on doing more testing today with it as the person that normally uses it is out of the office.

The dropped calls are the one issue but the second is how calls will ring on it and the 3CX softphone, but if you answer on the 3CX softphone the Polycom just keeps ringing for 1-2 minutes. Even if you answer it after a minute it shows connected and thinks it's connected to a call when it's actually not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.