Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Polycom Remote Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by clarity2, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarity2

We're having some trouble getting Polycom VVX phones to provision for remote extensions.

We have the right provisioning URL but based on the logs on the phone, it seems that the Polycom is not liking the certificate. We're using the 'Let's Encrypt' certificate created by 3CX during the installation.

So, I'm assuming I'm going to have to re-install 3CX with a better certificate? Does anyone know if Polycom supports wildcard certificates from GoDaddy?

Also, is it possible to temporarily allow HTTP access remotely? We have the firewall open but whenever we try to access the web interface we get a 403 Forbidden message from NGINX, so I'm assuming that it's blocking remote HTTP, but I can't find where this is configured?

Thanks!
    - Bill

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

Please note that Polycom phones are not supported as remote extensions. Navigating to extension settings / provisioning the only option you get under the polycom phone is Local Lan.
    You can see the limitations of these phones in the following article.

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-vvx/

3. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Your best solution for the Polycom VVX, SoundStation, etc. is to use a VPN between sites. That allows you to configure the extension as a LAN extension.

4. clarity2

Thanks for the info. I feel like it's really close to working, but maybe there is more too it than I realize.

With all these other cloud PBXs supporting Polycom phones, you would think it would be doable.

Has anyone had any luck configuring them manually as remote extensions?

5. sona1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.