Polycom Soundpoint 501

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daveh82, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveh82

Have a Polycom Soundpoint 501, have over 40 actually. I have tried on two different 501's to rule out hardware. The phone formats correctly and the firmware is correct. I can make and receive phone calls, however, the phone does not ring when someone calls it. It also does not ringback when I make a phone call from the phone. It does indeed work. Speaker phone also does not give you a dial tone, but indeed works. Does anyone know what would cause this? I have followed the directions on the following page:

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint-301-501-601/

Thanks! Dave

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @daveh82

are the phones and the PBX in the same network/subnet? Do you have a different phone that rings?
    If you are familiar with wireshark you can run a capture and see if the PBX is sending 180 ringing to the phone so you can narrow down the cause of the issue.

3. daveh82

Yes, the phone is on the same network as the PBX. Other Polycom phones work. Just not 501's

4. MRM

MRM

Hi Dave,

As my colleague pointed out, if you can run Wireshark for that particular extension then we can see what is actually going on ...

Please update the post on your findings and if you managed to solve the issue we would be grateful if you could share it with the community.

Regards

5. daveh82

Do you have instructions for the filter setup required in WireShark?

6. MRM

MRM

7. daveh82

I have attached the logs. I made one phone call from ext 201 which does not have the functioning sound. I also made one phone call from ext 113 which does have functioning sound. The voice of the call actually works, it's just that the phone it self doesn't make any sounds. For example when dialing any numbers on the phone you don't get the "beep" you would expect. It's almost as if the phone is only partially provisioned?

Attached Files:

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have sent you a p.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.