Polycom Soundpoint DST Template Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aklawrence, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aklawrence

Noticing none of our Soundpoint phones were displaying the correct time, I found that even though there is a setting in the 3CX management console for DST, it does not provide the correct option for enforcing the date specified. I had enabled DST and set start and end times but those values were not observed in the template because the option to enforce them was not turned on. The reference was:
    tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" which needs to be 1 for the corresponding date variables to be seen.
    If there was another checkbox to enforce the days in the console, the fixedDayEnable variable could be inherited in the template rather than be statically set.
    So perhaps this is a feature request and FYI for anyone else since I currently need to modify the static settings in all my Polycom Provisioning Templates.

2. carolinainnovative

Out of curiosity, what version of 3cx are you running and what version & revision of the template are you using?

The stock polycom.px.xml (firmware v4), version 33816 (2012-01-25 10:00:00) has this set correctly, as does the stock polycom33x.ph.xml, same date & version.

The polycom32.ph.xml, polycom31.ph.xml, and polycom21.ph.xml do not, which is not surprising because those firmware revisions are QUITE old and supported even less than normal Polycom.

3. aklawrence

We are running version 11 SP4 and using the Polycom SPIP331(4.0.x) template on the Soundpoint handsets.

4. carolinainnovative

OK i think you may find that if you open that template, you're using an older version. It doesn't look like they even maintain polycom versions anymore for any phone, so if you'd like my template with whatever the FINAL updates were they put in, let me know.

5. aklawrence

That would be very helpful, thank you. I really just need to know what the variable is in 3CX to assign to the fixedDayEnable setting. If I can set that value correctly, it should pick up any changes in the 3CX system.

6. carolinainnovative

Just set it to 1. It isn't set as a template variable. it is hard coded, because you're supposed to set the days in the 3cx configuration panel under phone provisioning. That way even if the correct days happen to already be loaded into your firmware, it still explicitly tells the phone when to switch. I think the idea is you change the days every year as part of your annual maintenance.

I've attached what, as far as I can tell, is the "last known good" template distributed for firmware 4.0.x.

The only difference between it and what I use is a few modifications for blfs and I've adapted mine to use the SBC.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.