Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Polycom Soundpoint ip600 no ring tones or dialtone on 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris S., Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris S.

Just wanted to brainstorm with the community because my search yielded no results.

I've got a polycom soundpoint ip 600 that connects up to 3cx, can make and receive calls just fine but no ring tones are on the phone when sync'd with 3cx.

I can however TFTP the device with the default 318 files from polycom and ringtones return. Yet when I register with 3cx, it loses its ringtones and dialtone. I suspect this is an issue with config files. Has anyone solved this one yet? I've tried updating the template on 3cx with no success.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Chris S,

I will presume since you are using a template you are using the DHCP OPT 66 provisioning method:
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint-301-501-601/

I have setup several Polycom devices with 3CX using OPT 66 and not experienced this issue. I have found that they can be sensitive to firmware however so please also confirm your unit is up to date.

3. Chris S.

I can confirm its setup per that document. This device seems to function well when i use an external TFTP server and don't configure for 3cx, but when i configure for my 3cx install it has no ringtones available to it.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Whats the exact setup you have when setting up with a TFTP cloud server ? Which template have you used ? To confirm is this Polycom connected to a hosted 3CX system or is it local ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.