Polycom Soundpoint ip600 no ring tones or dialtone on 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris S., Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris S.

Just wanted to brainstorm with the community because my search yielded no results.

I've got a polycom soundpoint ip 600 that connects up to 3cx, can make and receive calls just fine but no ring tones are on the phone when sync'd with 3cx.

I can however TFTP the device with the default 318 files from polycom and ringtones return. Yet when I register with 3cx, it loses its ringtones and dialtone. I suspect this is an issue with config files. Has anyone solved this one yet? I've tried updating the template on 3cx with no success.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Chris S,

I will presume since you are using a template you are using the DHCP OPT 66 provisioning method:
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint-301-501-601/

I have setup several Polycom devices with 3CX using OPT 66 and not experienced this issue. I have found that they can be sensitive to firmware however so please also confirm your unit is up to date.

3. Chris S.

I can confirm its setup per that document. This device seems to function well when i use an external TFTP server and don't configure for 3cx, but when i configure for my 3cx install it has no ringtones available to it.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Whats the exact setup you have when setting up with a TFTP cloud server ? Which template have you used ? To confirm is this Polycom connected to a hosted 3CX system or is it local ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.