• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 as Handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Bedford

Free User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,

We currently use Softphone clients installed on Windows computers with headsets plugged into the 3.5mm audio connectors on the PC. This is great for normal use (call centre) but we're now looking at solutions for our conference rooms.

At the moment a Plantronics Calisto 610 is in each room but the audio quality is atrocious.

We recently acquired a Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 which I have successfully provisioned as its own extension, and it's working fine - but not exactly what we're after.

My query is whether it's possible to use this as the microphone/speaker for an existing softphone extension, like we do with our current 610 via a USB connection? I'm ok with it running over our network, but the ability for someone to connect to it from their existing softphone when logged in would be perfect.

Hopefully this makes sense. I don't think it's possible but I'm open to being proved wrong!

Many thanks,

David

You are talking about two different animals. One is a stand alone SIP device, and one is a USB device, made to be used with a host computer, that is running the phone (or any audio) application.

Unless the Polycom can be plugged into an audio jack, or a USB port, then you are talking about attempting to use two SIP devices at the same time, on the same call.

I can't see that working.

Reactions: D Bedford
You are talking about two different animals. ...
I can't see that working.

Thanks @leejor, I'd guessed as much but thought it was worth asking in case someone had some dark science or RJ45 >> USB that was supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.