Polycom SoundStation IP errors

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXusername, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Good Day,

SoundStation IP 7000 running v4.0.7.2514

I followed the documentation http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-s ... 6000-7000/ but the log on the unit itself keep reporting:

0331162836|cfg |4|03|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Failed to download language file from provisioning server, request path Website_dictionary_language_en-us.xml
    0331162836|utilm|4|03|uBLFCompressed: File /ffs0/languages/Website_dictionary_language_en-us.xml.zzz does not exist or is empty
    0331162836|cfg |4|03|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Website_dictionary_language_en-us.xml Language file doesn't exist in cache
    0331162836|cfg |4|03|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Website_dictionary_language_en-us.xml Language file doesn't exist in phone flash

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The most common I have seen is that the Provisioning Link is either not correct so the phone cannot get to the server. Are you using Option 66 or the provisioning link in the Web Interface?

Also, have you extracted all of the contents of the firmware .zip file into directory C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<random folder name>\ ?

If the above doesn't work (although for en-us it should not be necessary), in order to install the Language Pack for Polycom 4.0.7 firmware (does not work on other ones) do the following:
    1) Download the attachment onto the 3CX Server.
    2) Extract its contents to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<random folder name>\firmware\polycom\ . If the 'polycom' folder does not exist create it. After extracting the path should look like this: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<random folder name>\firmware\polycom\SoundPointIPLocalization\......
    3) Now if the above have been correctly (prov link is correct, firmware is in folder, etc), when you reboot the phone, it should pick any language files it needs.

Sources:
    The attached file was found from http://support.polycom.com/PolycomServi ... tml#4.0.5C in the .zip file "Polycom UC Software 4.0.7 [Combined] (LINK)".

Attached Files:

3. ifbbmi

I had the same error with an IP6000.

My solution: disable Option 66. Set the provision server adress manualy an set the "boot server"-option to static.

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe a bug in the polycom firmware. With static server adress my IP6000 is working correct.

4. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

thanks for the responses. I think the 7000 is finally happy with 3CX.

However this morning I got "“File system error: No free space” on the Polycom. I pressed fix and the phone formatted the filesystem. Seems to be workings again. Though concerned it will fill space again.

On Polycom forums:

I am using 4.0.7 combine package 3CX recommends. Does anyone know what was filling up the Polycom filesystem? I suppose I could disable logging but wanted to see if anyone knew the root cause or had solution.

thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.