Polycom Soundstation no outbound sound

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Cynthia Slade, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia Slade

Polycom Soundstation 6000 can recieve calls but not send calls. Caller's (inbound) voice is clear but user (outbound) voice is not being sent. Cannot get to web interface of phone. Any suggestions? Thank you

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

First you need to be able to recolve the web interface issue with the phone, if for no other reason than it may be needed in the future. Get the manual and do a phone reset and re-provision using the needed parameters. I have posted the a link to the blog for this model:
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-ip-6000.html

It might provide some insight if you can post a log. From what I gather, if a call is received by the IP6000, then all is fine in both directions. If the IP6000 is used to originate a call, then it can hear the callee, but the callee cannnot hear the caller on the ip6000.

What is the remote phone? Is it an extension of the phone system? Is it a PSTN phone? If you try from a different extension are the same results seen?

3. Cynthia Slade

We actually have 2 new polycom soundstations ip 6000 and ip 7000. We are unable to reach the web interface on either of these phones.

We need to fix the following issue on the 7000 ASAP:

When dialing an extention from the 7000 (userA) sound is in one direction only, the dialed extension cisco 504g phones (Userb) cannot hear userA.

When dialing an external number (userc) sound is in both directions, but user c (the external phone) hears an echo.

Help please

4. Cynthia Slade

I got both phones working in both directions for local and external calls. There is still an echo when using the Sound Station 7000 - if I call an internal extension (cisco spa 504g) from the polycom - the person on the cisco hears the echo. Since there is no analog lines invoved, hence there should be no bleed through/cross over, I am not sure what could be causing the echo. Anyone else experiencing echo with plycom soundstations?

5. Cynthia Slade

FYI: Updated the firmware and the echo went away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.