Polycom - Two Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SnAzBaZ, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnAzBaZ

When we were on a hosted VOIP Provider our Polycom IP 320 phones could receive two calls at once, so if you were on the phone, you could see that someone else tried to call you. Now we have moved onto 3CX that feature no longer works, and callers are dumped into the voicemail system.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the Polycom's to work with two calls again ?

Thanks

Andrew

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Andrew

If I correctly understand the problem, then it can be solved as follows:
    in the PBX Management Console, go to your phone's corresponding extension pages and there, in the Forwarding Rules tab, in the General Forwarding Options section, on Busy Detection Mechanism, please check the "Use Phone Status" - then Apply, then OK. And then try again to call your phones.

vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnAzBaZ

Thanks for the reply.

This is now almost working. I can call my extension and Line 2 rings, but if I am on a call, and another call comes in to a ring group, the phone does not ring. It does ring if someone calls a number which only rings my extension.

So can I change the configuration of the ring group so that it will ring Line 2 if Line 1 is busy ?

This is useful when you are working alone in an office.

Thanks

Andrew

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SnAzBaZ

6. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Oops, sorry about that.

To do what you want you have to enable a special boot parameter to cause 3cx to respect your "busy status=phone" option for ring groups as well.

Typically, this had been done in an ini file but had changed in v7 and that capability had been removed. I had written an explanation of this here...

http://3cxblog.worksighted.com/2008/12/how-to-enable-missing.html

Best,

Mike

7. Ricambi America

We recently upgraded to V7.0.4744 from v6, using GXP2000 as our only hardphones. Had the exact same problem... once a phone was engaged, it could accept other incoming calls that were *directly* sent to you (eg. called pressed the proper extension). However, engaged phones could not get subsequent calls when they were sent via a ring group. This fix, appears to have solved the problem. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.