• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom user set speed dials deleted on power cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalestineCold

Reaction score
I have a polycom 650 with the expansion module running the most current firmware on 3cx 11 sp4. As far as I can tell, 3cx doesn't allow you to enter a name and a number as a custom speed dial option in the BLF section of phone provisioning. I would like to assign the number of my clients I frequently call to a speed dial button for easy dialing. The polycom phone allows you to assign speed dial numbers to contacts from the company directory that correspond to BLF buttons so that the contact name is displayed on the phone. The problem is that these speed dial settings are cleared every time the phone is power cycled. Is there any way to have BLF buttons work as speed dials and have the contact name display without having to reassign them every time the phone loses power?

You can provision a speed dial to a button rather than a BLF. BLF is only for other extensions.

Under the phone provisioning choose Custom speed dial rather than BLF and enter the number you want the button to dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.