Polycom Voicemail Audible Notification & 3CX 12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stealthlogic, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealthlogic

Hello, we've recently migrated our business over to 3CX. I'm very happy with it so far. Currently we're using PolyCom phones. 600, 650, 670 mostly. My problem is I need to disable the audible Voicemail notification that plays every 60 seconds on the phones. If I go into each phone's configuration file, (polycom-fw40x-0004F21D882E.cfg) for example and add the following bit of code:

<se>
    <se.pat>
    <se.pat.misc>
    <se.pat.misc.messageWaiting>
    <se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.1.value="0" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.2.value="0" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.3.value="0" />
    </se.pat.misc.messageWaiting>
    </se.pat.misc>
    </se.pat>
    </se>

This disables the audible alert on the phones when rebooted, however if anything is changed in the 3CX admin interface for that extension it overwrites the configuration file. How can I make 3CX include this bit of code in the configuration files for each phone?

Thank you.

2. JonnyM

Add it to the provisioning template

3. stealthlogic

I'm thinking the templates would be these: sip_31x.cfg and sip_21x.cfg?

Edit:

Disregard, I found this: http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/phone-provisioning-complete-guide/

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.