• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom VVX300

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodSlinger

Reaction score
I had a pair of Polycom VVX300 sitting here from an old 8x8 account. I was able to factory reset them and get into the GUI to set the phone up but for the life of me I can't get this thing to make or receive calls. I never could get it to pull the registration direct from my 3CX server.

This is kind of a summary of where I am.

The VVX300 and 3CX server are on the same LAN

The DHCP server does NOT provide any way for the Option66 setup. I changed the DHCP option to static within the VVX300 settings page and pointed it to the 3CX server. At this point it pinged 3CX and 3CX shows it on the phone listings.

I can add the phone to a test line and it will show as active and connected but does NOT appear to push or pull any provision from 3CX.

Within the VVX300 web portal I can't get it to PULL a firmware from the provision link provided from 3CX either. Just says the server isn't found. The firmware files were downloaded from Polycom and placed in the correct 3CX folder. Tried the direct IP, the FQDN from 3CX, etc... Nothing

I was able to get the phone to pull the 5.6.0 firmware directly from Polycom to at least get it up to the current approved firmware level but it still will not make or receive calls.

Anyone using one of these VVX phones on 15.5?

Hi RodSlinger,

These phones are supported in the "Legacy limited featureset" phone type:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

I would strongly encourage the use of Option 66 with these phones as manual configuration can offer so many limitations: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/

I have used these models with version 15.5 but with DHCP Opt 66. What are you using as your server, Windows or a Router/Gateway ?

Reactions: accentlogic
You can also try setting the provisioning link directly into the phones web UI like this guide

Reactions: eddv123
Just an FYI for the sake of the string: I can 100% confirm DHCP Opt 66 and the VVX-300 Phones work on SP2 of 15.5 I have just upgraded one of my systems and run a test.

DHCP is done by a Zyxel appliance which doesn't have the Option 66 available. I put the provisioning link in manually also.

The line shows active on the phone display and 3CX is reporting it connected and online on the web portal. It just doesn't make or receive calls.

I haven't dug into this very deep yet as it wasn't anything that needed to be done. Was just seeing if I could re-purpose these 8x8 phones. I'll take the handset home and setup a test 3CX install. I believe I can setup the Option 66 on my pfSense router.

I usually use the ZyXEL SBG series routers which do have this functionality. If you are using something like the AMG or VMG then it is less likely to have this as a feature, you will need to check.

Alternately I have downloaded and used dual dhcp/dns before and used this:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dhcp-dns-server/

It is supported on both Windows and Linux environments.

@RodSlinger

This does work, just did it yesterday. Check out the guide Yiannish posted and make sure you remove the username and password which are filled by default.

If the phone shows connected and the extension details then probably provisioning worked. The reason you cannot make or receive calls could be entirely different. Is there anything in the activity log that might imply that the call is reaching the PBX? Try a windows client and see if you can use that to make a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.