Polycom will not load after provision.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by malimar, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malimar

We have new and old model Polycom which provision just fine under version 9 SP4. We have a fresh install of version 10 and setup provisioning for Polycom model 501 using the built in template for version 501 (3.1.x). The phone will go through its boot up process and load the config. We are getting an error "Error, application is not present!". We are on the latest BootROM 4.1.4 for Polycom 501. Anyone experiencing this issue with Polycom?

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you check that you have the latest bootrom and then latest firmware to go with it? If you already have the Bootrom 4 check the latest split firmware download for it. Seems you have a firmware problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mackiewicz

I am experiencing the *exact* same thing. The 501s worked fine under version 9. Now I am getting the same errors.

My bootrom is the latest 4.1.4 - upgrading firmware made no difference.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Error application is not present means that you forgot to upgrade something in the polycom.

The polycom has a bootrom and split download. Factory reset the device. and Start from scratch.

Application not present is pretty clear in my opinion. Polycom does not find the application or bootloader that it needs to load. Version 9 required a different firmware so the comparison that V9 used to work is useless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mackiewicz

I'm sure you're correct. Is there anyplace to show me a step by step on how to upgrade a Polycom phone?

6. snowsam

Look at http://www.888voip.com/using-older-polycom-phones-with-3cx/

And http://www.3cx.com/forums/polycom-firmwares-update-with-support-for-ip501-s-resolved-13953.html
    For the hint that you are going to figure out how to have both older and newer firmwares co-exist on the provisioning server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.