• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom won't register

Status
Not open for further replies.

scythe000

Reaction score
Hi!
I've got a whole building working fine, but I'm new to 3CX. I've got a Polycom Soundpoint 430 that isn't registering. It was working fine, but then I added my name to the phone in the admin interface and it stopped registering. I've tried wiping the phone and deleting and readding the extension. Any ideas?

What does the 3CX logs show just after a registration attempt? Is there an error, or any sign of a registration attempt at all? That might give you a clue as to what is wrong in the datafill.

I've attached the server log. I don't see anything pertaining to this one. It wants it's IP to be 172.16.252.65, and it's extension is 6361.

Attachments

• 3cxLog_120902110945.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 102
I can see the other extension having a problem, but not the one you are troubleshooting. Since there is no log showing a registration attempt, it is either a network hardware fault (the device can't communicate), which can be confirmed by using another device at the same location....or, a problem with the settings. Even if the user and password information were incorrect, as long as the IP, netmask, gateway, and IP server information were correct, you should at least see an attempt in the log.

The set may have to be configured manually, from scratch (after a factory reset), with just the basics, to see if it begins showing up in the logs.

There is always the possibility that the set is faulty, but that is probably remote.

Here's what I've tried:
1.Plugged phone directly into several ports on the switch
2. Reset phone by holding down 1,3,5,7 and then after the reset, i enter our vlan id of 1024.
3. swapped patch cable going from switch to patch panel.
4. plugged existing phone into same jack in my office, it worked
5. wiped a known good phone, and let it register from my jack. It worked.
6. Check the extension configurations of a few known good extensions with the failing one, and they seem alright.

Are you doing an auto provision? If so, try doing it manually, you may have a corrupt file.

As I said before, there is the possibility of a hardware fault.

How do I do a manual provision?

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint.html

There are a number of User/Admin guides, on-line, that can be downloaded as well.

+1 Internets to you, sir! That worked, and it dials fine, although the time is flashing for some reason like an unregistered phone, but it is working.

scythe000 said:
although the time is flashing for some reason like an unregistered phone

Haven't used that phone myself, but going by other makes, the time is usually picked using an NTP server, and requires you datafill the IP or URL of that server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.