Poor quality of webrtc meetings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MathieuDube, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MathieuDube

Hi,
    Has anyone inputs on what I should do to improve the connections for our Webrtc meetings?
    Right now, even with good connection on both sides, we still have choppy video. Our tests were done on different sites (ISP providers) with speeds in the range of
    30mbps/10mbps (download/upload) to 200/30 (download/upload) and also a fiber connection at 50/50.

We are located in Eastern Canada, tried 3CX servers from Montreal, New York, Seattle, Miami and Kansas without improvement. Also tried running the meeting on bandwith configuration ranging from 128kbps to 1024kbps... feels like we have basically tried everything, and yet, as soon as the second party joins the video conference, the video quality drops and we have 2, 3 bars at best (color orange).

Please advise!

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Our servers do 1Gigabit up and down. It's too strange that you've tried all available servers and the issue cannot be resolved even by lowering the quality to 128kbps. You can troubleshoot via WebRTC Internals by navigating to:

chrome://webrtc-internals

and then expanding the tabs at the complete bottom of the page that have names ending at "SEND VIDEO/AUDIO" "RECV VIDEO/AUDIO"
    From here you can see video statistics, packet loss and various other things that could help you understand what's going on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MathieuDube

It seems the quality fluctuates depending on the moment in the day we do the meetings. Right now, everything is green. Will do a follow-up later this afternoon as it seems we have poor quality mostly at the end of the day... Did not know about the diagnostic tool thank you!

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

At the bottom of the servers list you can also find a test server, you can create a new meeting using that server and see if that helps.
    Also are you sure you've actually tried using other servers? When you login to a meeting and click on the "Info" button, does it say that you're connected to the correct server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MathieuDube

LeonidasG, yes, nothing wrong with making sure that the basic settings are okay :)
    I can confirm without a doubt that we were using those different servers, as I did confirm with the Info button each time.

Did not notice the test server at the bottom, have to admit I have never scrolled down that much! Still working properly as of now, so I really suspect it's a load issue on either our different ISPs or the 3CX servers...? Will post update when I run into the slow speed again. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.