Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Port 25 works - 587 Does not SMTP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NUWELLEPIC, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NUWELLEPIC

So we are setting up an on premise server. We are relaying email to our Mail Enable server. If I un-check TLS/SSL and dont use a user name or password, mail is sent from 3CX. Fine, that is expected.

If I check TLS/SSL, I get a message that the operation was cancelled. I get this with or without authentication.

I setup an SMTP relay on the same windows box that runs 3CX and I can get email to relay just fine but when I send an invite, I get the following error. "smtp;554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host"

My research indicates the SMTP relay server doesn't like the HTML.

I see a lot of people having success with Gmail Relay but I really dont want to go that route.

I am ready to go out and play in traffic unless someone else has some ideas.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not clear on the issue.
    Are you trying to use a "format" that is not supported by your SMTP server, yet expecting it to work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.