port 5000 => other port?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benjaminm, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjaminm

Is it possible to change the http port for the web management interface, without problems?

Or is this going to result into a lot of problems?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Benjamin,

it is possible but this is not a simple procedure (due to the number of changes that need to be made) and it is not recommended. However once done you should not have any issues. If you have any further issues or inquiries please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. benjaminm

Ok, thanks, is there any documentation about that?

And another question, I'm now running the web interface on http, but is it possible to switch to https?

5. GManNAtl

I wouldn't change it because there are a lot of things that occur on that port besides just the management interface (3CX Phone API, etc.).

However, with that said I have just created a second binding for the site on 80 for ease of admin etc. and it works great. Just leave the binding on 5000 as is and add whatever you want for 80 including an internal DNS address if you wish (ie. 3cx.domain.local/management).

6. pc17

This question is also important for me.
    Is there any documentation on how to change port 5000?

7. Sergiy

pc17
    Just add binding. Documentation depends on your web server.

8. jed

jed New Member

Hi
    I had to change from 5000 to 4999, do to some Router rubbish :(
    I changed the Binding (on IIS), and the Windows build in Firewall from 5000 to 4999.

Seems to me that we lose the Pressence information when phone is remote, even then they is connect through a Tunnel.

Any body who knows how to make the pressence work after changing the port?

I created a support case, but is still waiting for an answer for this issue.

9. GManNAtl

That's why I said NOT to change the port. It will likely require quite a bit of changes (if it's even supported) to change the port. Simply put you need to leave 5000 as is and just add another binding. In your case though if you are using the tunnel why did you need to change 5000? They will come through the tunnel on the tunnel port and then connect to 5000 on the LAN side. No need to even forward 5000 and or 4999 in your case.

10. jed

jed New Member

Hi GManNAtl. Thanks for your reply. 1 try is better than 1000 Expert advisces ;)
    So I just testet again, using Port 5000 in IIS and internal FW, I removed the Port Redirection on the Router with the sad Result: "The 3CX Phone can not connect to the 3CX Phone System Web API"

Pressence do not work using Tunnel if Port 5000 is not opened.
    When running internaly (through VPN, there is no problem on the same PC)

Btw: Provisioning is also pointing to port 5000 (or 4999 if I change Binding on the IIS) (ref: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/provisioning-a-remote-extension/)

Right now, I do think we neeed port 5000 to be opened (which is not possible in my actual case) even when using a Tunnel. But I do hope I´m mistaken ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.