Port 5060

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Melvin_XIII, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    I have an Installation of 3CX on a VM (HyperV 2012 R2). As a firewall I have a pfSense. I have forwarded the ports as described in the example pfSense configuration provided by 3CX. When I use an online tool to check the ports they show up as opened. However when I do the firewall checker port 5060 isn't reachable. any ideas why that can be?

2. simonjh88

Online firewall checkers are often rubbish at detecting whether UDP ports are open.

Have you tried making an outbound/inbound call to verify that it works?

Alternatively, use the firewall checker to let it do the check... that will do the job!

3. Melvin_XIII

Hi,
    Apologies for the late reply. It turns out it is a problem with the internet connection we have. Port 5060 is forwarded, but not to my firewall. Swisscom uses it for their telephone numbers and therefore I cant. I have not managed to get this system working with the swisscom Internet connection. However we do have a backup. I translated the firewall rules to that connection and configured 3cx respectively and voila. It all worked just fine. I am currently in talks with swisscom in order to find out how we can get it to work with their connection.
    Thanks anyway for your help

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Since 5060 is being used, I assume that you have a router/modem that includes VoIp service (FXS). In some cases a provider will allow you to have (pick-up)more that one pubilc IP, and (if allowed), you may be able to go into the router settings and change one of the LAN ports to work in a Bridge mode, thus picking up the second public IP for a device plugged in there. Alternativly, perhaps a standalone modem, run to a bridge, that then splits to two routers, one suplied by you.

As I say, it all depends on what they allow, and the type of service offered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.