port 5080

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Trying to see what port 5080 is used for. Did not see it in the setup instructions.
    It may be a hacker - trying to connect to my 3cx server on port 5080 from 5.189.152.222.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've never seen that port used, as a default, in 3CX.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

If it a SIP system that they are trying to get into, and not something else, then they may have come across others that have moved from port 5060 to 5080 in an attempt to avoid hackers. They may just be scanning a range of ports that could be used.
    If 5080 isn't forwarded to 3CX, and there shouldn't be any reason to do that, then it should be stopped at the router/firewall.

If it continues, I would look up who the ISP for that IP is and file a complaint. It might not do any good, depending on the country of origin, but you might feel better.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Its Germany... :)
    I just wanted to make sure before I dropped the traffic.
    BTW: Drop or Reject at the Firewall? I always like to see what folks think...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If "reject" means that they receive some sort of acknowledgement, then I would just drop. Why let them know that there is something at the other end, it may just encourage them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.