• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

port 5080

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
Trying to see what port 5080 is used for. Did not see it in the setup instructions.
It may be a hacker - trying to connect to my 3cx server on port 5080 from 5.189.152.222.

I've never seen that port used, as a default, in 3CX.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

If it a SIP system that they are trying to get into, and not something else, then they may have come across others that have moved from port 5060 to 5080 in an attempt to avoid hackers. They may just be scanning a range of ports that could be used.
If 5080 isn't forwarded to 3CX, and there shouldn't be any reason to do that, then it should be stopped at the router/firewall.

If it continues, I would look up who the ISP for that IP is and file a complaint. It might not do any good, depending on the country of origin, but you might feel better.

Its Germany... :)
I just wanted to make sure before I dropped the traffic.
BTW: Drop or Reject at the Firewall? I always like to see what folks think...

If "reject" means that they receive some sort of acknowledgement, then I would just drop. Why let them know that there is something at the other end, it may just encourage them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.