port forwarding Actiontec

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tommyg, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommyg

I'm New to 3cx and voip I have the 3cx sever installed and good with internal calls trying to test outbound calls and Having a problem configuring port forwarding on a actiontec MI424 router.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@tommyg

http://www.actiontec.com/products/faqs.php?pid=41#q16

This link instructs on how to setup port forwarding in your router.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

This link lists what ports you need to forward for 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tommyg

Thanks cobaltit

very helpful , I'm trying to forward ports 5060 , 5090 , 9000 - 9015 with no success when I run firewall checker the stun.3cx.com:3478 server is reachable but fails see below maybe Verizon blocks Sip ?

Testing SIP Port 5060 using STUN server: stun.3cx.com:3478
    Resolving STUN server stun.3cx.com ... Resolved to: [198.50.247.220]
    [Test1] Reachability test ... Resolved Public IP: x.x.x.x75:5060
    STUN server stun.3cx.com has second address 198.50.247.219:3479
    [Test2] One on One Port Forwarding ... FAILED.
    No response received or port mapping is closed. Firewall check failed. This configuration is not supported

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

1Re: port forwarding Actiontec

Are you running the checker directly from the management console on the system where 3cx is installed? if running from the web interface using a different system it may not pass and particularly so if a remote system on a different subnet.

5. tommyg

I'm running the checker directly from the management console the 3cx is installed , I'm starting to think that Verizon is blocking sip.

6. lneblett

To be certain, you might also want to ensure settings for the Windows firewall or other software based system firewall that might be installed are set correctly or turn them off for testing and then fix. I have not heard that Verizon is or might be blocking, but that does not mean that they don't.

7. tommyg

Postby lneblett » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:33 pm
    To be certain, you might also want to ensure settings for the Windows firewall or other software based system firewall that might be installed are set correctly or turn them off for testing and then fix. I have not heard that Verizon is or might be blocking, but that does not mean that they don't.

Hey , Ineblett thank you I was starting to blame Verizon for blocking ports , it was the windows firewall all along

I turned off the windows firewall and success ,firewall checker passed I'll wean out what it doesn't like later , do I need to forward 9016 - 9045 ? I have 9000 - 9015 open

8. lneblett

The default within 3cx is 9000 thru 9049 udp for voice. I would use this unless you have a larger than 32 call system in-place. They use 2 ports per call (external), so just start with 9000 and grow it from there as needed to accommodate whatever # of simultaneous calls expected, but be certain to match 3cx and the router settings accordingly.

9. tommyg

thank you, very helpful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.