Port Forwarding Error in 3cx 12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by srijit92, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srijit92

I have used 3cx 11 with the port forwarding options configured at my router and faced no problems. But as I upgraded to 3cx 12, the firewall checker is showing error. I have tried a lot to correct this but failed. How is it possible that the configurations worked 3cx 11 but not in 3cx 12?
    Please help.
    Port Forwarded :
    TCP : 5090,5061,5000
    UDP : 5060,9000-9049,5061,5090
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Port forward ding for both v11 and v12 are the same, has there been any other change posisbly on the firewall? firmware etc... Lastly are you able to make and receive calls if so, with no issues it may not actually be a problem. I'd try a port forwwarding tester as well like you get signal . com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. srijit92

No changes are made before v12 installation. I tried everything but cannot register VOIP provider due to this issue. My softphone works perfectly which did not work due to port forwarding issue at the first.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Look at the test results. Note that the testing you show is against port 5060; yet 5060 does not appear in the router listings as being addressed. You have 5061, and this may be valid, but most testing and providers default to 5060.

5. srijit92

It was instructed in one of their video training to add 5060 only in UDP port. After u said, I added 5060 in both TCP/UDP but no help.. :(

6. lneblett

Please refer to the following:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

Set the router accordingly then check your settings within 3CX to ensure that all match the need. Specifically, check the settings - network and if using a fixed IP try turning off the STUN and using the specified IP which is normally your public IP.

Also, what make and model of router?

7. srijit92

Ok. I again configured Port forwarding at my router DLink DIR-615 and did this
    TCP : 5000,5001,5060,5061,5090
    UDP : 5060,5090,9000-9049
    as mentioned in the article you mentioned.

But again the same problem..
    Also, I have a dynamic IP so, I can't turn off STUN

8. lneblett

Is the SIP ALG turned off?

I have used that model of router with no ill effects and am currently on its bigger brother the 655.

After the config changes, did you re-run the checker?

9. srijit92

Yes I did ran the checker.
    [​IMG]

10. srijit92

Is is ok to change SIP default port 5060 to 5050? Because as soon as I changed it, everything seems to work just fine..
    But changing default SIP port wont cause a prob?
    [​IMG]

11. lneblett

Try endpoint independent on the router first. Is there something else using 5060? I normally suggest keeping it as close or as generic as possible to the recommended so that subsequent troubleshooting, should it ever be needed, will get more traction as more will have experience using the "standards" rather than the exceptions.

As far as 5050, unknown. It may depend on your SIP provider and their ability to support. You might get a pass on the checker, but still not register as they are not looking at that port.

12. srijit92

Ok. I have tried endpoint independent for both TCP and UDP even with ALG SIP disabled. But no use. why is 5060 creating so much trouble.. Huh !! :p
    No nothing else is using 5060. Checked.
    And yes changing the default SIP port is a pain in the a** since I have to provision all IP phones along with the 5050 port.

13. lneblett

no clue, but you might also check windows firewall or disable it to test.....or other firewall?

14. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Yeah, disable Windows Firewall for starters if you are still troubleshooting.

However, I'm thinking you may have something registering SIP outbound.. and the router's NAT config is allocating that port in the table because of it, regardless of your port forward config. Take a look at WinSTUN.. it is semi-helpful in taking STUN results and describing your NAT type (full-cone.. restricted-cone, symmetric).

If symmetric, I'm betting something outbound already nabbed UDP 5060 in it's way out.. good luck with getting that to work.

15. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with Iaa Watts even though you are showing the port as forwarded some routers are just notorious for issues with VoIP this maybe one of those. If you have another fireall on site I'd try it out and see if you have the same issue. I've had similar issues with other models of firewalls and after many many test tries and iinstasls we've settles on using the same firewall whenever the opportunity arises. Check and see if there are any known bugs with port forwarding on these, routers or maybe SIP ALG, as its sage to say you've pinpointed the issue to the firewalll.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.