port forwarding on a cisco router

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by guitarman, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarman

Hello all,
    I am new to 3CX and just installed it - works great on my internal LAN however I am trying to set it up so that I can access it via external server. I have a Cisco 881w router as my main router and it was setup initially with port forwarding from 8000 to 80 since I also host a web server and my ISP blocks 80. Had to also configure the zone pairs to make this work.

So so 3CX to work, what are the ports that need to be opened and does anyone have experience to configure this Cisco router to make it work?

thanks for your help on this.

Cheers!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This shows all of the ports used, but they don't all have to be forwarded. http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

This shows how to configure a Linksys router. At a bare minimum, you can probably get away port 5060 and 9000-9049, if you don't use fax or the tunnel option.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/linksys-router-configuration/

There may also be options specific to your router that need to be "tweaked" if you still have issues after forwarding those ports.

3. guitarman

ok great let me try those for now and see if I am now able to connect via external.

thanks

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

also make sure you run the 3CX firewall checker, this is a must on all installs of 3CX.

you can get 3CX web console to use another port other thne then the standard port 80 for IIS

if your not using IIS then ensure you forward 5481

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.