• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Port Forwards @ Remote Phone Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazz

Reaction score
Is it necessary for the remote locations to have portforwards on the remote router?

Are these the same ports as the 3CX side?

And even if these port forwards are set up and the remotes do not work what is next?

It is not necessary for the remote locations to have port forwards unless they are behind a device or software firewall that is specifically configured to block needed outgoing ports. Since port requests originate from the LAN outbound, most routers will allow.

Some ports are the same. 5060, 3478, 9000 - 9009, if I remember correctly.

My remote now works like a charm though there were some challenges along the way. In the end my router was the main cause and a minor change in 3CX was the only other thing. It did require a router replacement to an older model believe it or not, the newer one believed it had to protect me regardless of what I wanted :lol:

If it does not work my first suggestion would be try another router or place 3CX in DMZ just to test if a port issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.