• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Port scanning on 5060 and Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvineCAGuy

Reaction score
Trying to track down why my 3CX Ver 12 periodically fails to register with the SIP provider, causing a busy-signal for incoming calls.
I replaced the DSL router with a new version that reports attempted port scans and DoS attacks. Within minutes I'm getting a flurry of reports. Many Source IPs are coming from various European countries:

UDP Packet - Source:53.217.61.xxx,42381 Destination:216.175.xx.yyy,53 - [DOS] UDP Packet - Source:109.77.156.190,29531

I am not (yet) familiar with these UDP Packet reports so my question is: is this normal to have the firewall banged on by would-be hackers and my PBX is safe, or is this something I should be concerned about from a security or Denial of Service perspective?

What is your internet provider?
Is it a commercial DSL account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.