Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Port selection for Outbound calls on Patton 4114 incorrect.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rocketman, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketman

I have the Patton 4114 with extensions 10000 - 10003 as follows:

10000 = fxo 0/0
    10001 = fxo 0/1
    10002 = fxo 0/2
    10003 = fxo 0/3

Ports fxo 0/1 and fxo 0/3 do not have anything plugged into them, but the port status screen shows my outbound calls on port 10001. Is the is configuration issue with the 3CX software, a Patton issue, a user confusion error (that would be me), or a bug? Here is a screen shot.

Attached Files:

2. matictec

matictec New Member

3cx see only the sip lines from patton and login to them. 3cx can not see the status of the fxo ports behind the sip lines. The easiest way is to deactivate the port 10001 and 10003. I hope I understand your question because my english is not very well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

If there is nothing plugged into the ports, can you confirm that you have disabled the 'Allow inbound' AND 'Allow Outbound' calls from these lines within the 3CX UI > PSTN Gateways > Patton > Line number ? Please check this out since a line / port that is disabled from calls would not be polled when addressing the Patton for the first available line.

Please advise so that we may investigate if required.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rocketman

Disabling inbound and outbound calling on those lines did force it to use 10002 instead of 10001. However, I still cannot understand how to specifically direct the calls to a certain line. Are you saying that the four virtual ports are NOT tied to the physical ports in any way?

Is there a way to direct a call to specific port on the 4114? I intend to use all four ports, but I want to control what calls go to which ports (lines) as they all have different Caller ID and billing plans.

By the way, matictec, your English is very good and I had no trouble understanding your post. Thanks.

5. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Maybe using the method described in this post?

http://www.3cx.com/forums/routing-extensions-to-specific-outbound-ports-8574.html

6. rocketman

Well, that's my other post on a similar subject. The only problem is I have the Patton 4114 and he has the Grandstream so I don't have the choices he has. I just don't know enough about this to come up with any workarounds; I simply loaded 3CX and ran the template for the 4114 and it worked. Just can't seem to get the outbound port selection figured out.

7. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

The only way to achieve this is an unsupported method as follows;

1. Create Patton 4114 config using the 3CX documented way.
    2. Save and upload the confg file.
    3. Delete the lines from 3CX
    4. Redo each Patton line 4 times, using that same IP but cycling the ports to 5060/2/4/6.

This will give you 4 gateways instead of 1 in your outbound rules to choose from...then if in your court to set rules as required.

8. rocketman

Thanks, William. I got it to work by having a different outbound prefix for each line so 9 goes to line one, 8 goes to line 2, etc. I will continue the testing to see if I can get all the functionality I have in the Panasonic system. Thanks again.

9. summerfield

Re: Port selection for Outbound calls on Patton 4114 incorre

Hi rocketman, did you follow Williams instructions. I cannot clearly see the Patton and 3CX sections of the config file. Are you able to clarify this point? Kind regards,

Graeme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.