Porting from Skype

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyjduk, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyjduk

Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from Skype?

I have spoken to my SIP provider (Voiptalk) and they don't have a porting agreement with Skype. Searching on google seems to suggest it wasn't possible a few years ago but this may of changed, but it doesn't really give any details.

Has anybody done this successfully or knows of a SIP provider that does have a porting agreement with Skype?

Thanks.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

I have never heard of this being possible, best bet if you want to know if this is possible contact Skype support and find out, they probably know if this is possible or not and if so who they have agreements with.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xdoktor

I too need to do this!!!
    going to try tomorrow and ask my exisiting telco in UK who we get SIP from normally....and far more straight forward to setup!!!
    My wife wanted a 'fluffy' number for a new business that skype had instead of the 'ugly' numbers my telco provided lol!
    I am just having problems understanding how to intergrate 3cx & skype!! arrgghhh!
    If someone can point to a good guide that would be great however!!

cheers gang
    dok

4. garyjduk

Thanks Dok - let me know how you get on.

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

I will check with our SIP carrier tomorrow and see if we are able to shed any light porting skype numbers. could someone send me via PM a skype number to check with?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. davidbenwell

I have been in contact with our SIP carrier who believes Skype uses Cable and Wireless for its telephone numbers and that it should not be an issue getting this moved over.

The cost of such would be £75.00, if the number fails to port over then there will be no charge

7. garyjduk

Thanks David

What SIP provider did you check with?

8. davidbenwell

VoIP-Unlimited, We also have access to the VoIPTalk Wholesale network and will double check to see if its possable.

If you could send me via PM your skype number, i will check quick for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.