Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ports 9014 and 9015 (only) reported in use in firewall check

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Paulh, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulh

Hey all,

I just got a new service provider (CableVision). We have static IP on the WAN side and I'm using a Dlink DIR-655 router. All ports that 3CX needs should be open. 3CX is running on a SBS2003 server.

I can make and receive calls, however, when I run the firewall test, all ports pass, except 9014 and 9015:

15 9014 Error (0) The specified port is in use by another application. error = Could not bind UDP receive port. Error 10013 (Unknown error)
    16 9015 Error (0) The specified port is in use by another application. error = Could not bind UDP receive port. Error 10013 (Unknown error)

I thought that maybe the ISP was blocking those two ports, but they say they're not. I can make and receive calls, but not sure if it will impact calls if there's a few going on simulateously. Anyone have any idea why these two ports would be unuseable? There's nothing to my knowledge that is using the ports...

Thanks,

Paul

2. Paulh

So I just rebooted the server on a whim and now ports 9014 and 9015 are fine, but port 9005 is now in use... What is going on???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.