Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ports for external access

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oliverm, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

Anyone know what ports we need to open up to allow a user to connect a physical phone, located at their house, to our office 3cx server?

The phone is a Snom M3.

Olly

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Snom M3 as an external phone? Ouch. However the ports remain the same thatr you need to open up per defautls for 3cx. 5060, 9000-9050.

I would recommend you refrain from using an M3 as an external phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oliverm

Can i ask why?

4. karl800

Hi I've got the Snom M9, and having some difficulty with it. However i'm getting close i think.

I've managed to get the phone registered, and can dial out to my mobile phone, however, i get no ring tone, and can only hear my voice from mobile to m9

if i speak in m9 i cant hear on mobile.

also i'm unable to dial in from mobile just no tone or dead call.

home any one can help.. i will post some info hear, for what i tried already. regards to ports, and setting on m9 interface

5. oliverm

Can you raise a separate forum post for your problem please?

6. karl800

i can do, but wouldnt it be wise to have both ideas combined.. as they are practically same devices, and we are having same issues.

7. willow

willow Member

have the pbx transport the audio and open your remote ports on the firewall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. karl800

Thanks i will check those, now i cant register after upgrading firmware.. arrggghhh. oh well think this is just best left alone. and a have a vpn solutin or use 3cx proxy manager

9. oliverm

Its called thread-jacking. If you have a problem please raise a thread of your own. Being "practically" the same doesnt mean it is the same. You wouldn't butt in to someones conversation and take over it would you ? (perhaps you would).

mfm, can you tell me why you say that the M3 shouldn't be used as an external phone?

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have STUN enabled (and working) on the set?

http://wiki.snom.com/Snom_m3/Settings/SIP_STUN_ENABLE

That is pretty much a requirement on any remote extension, behind a router, NOT using the 3CX Proxy server or VPN

11. garyjduk

There seems to be a problem with using Snoms as external extensions. Although 3CX don't go into the actual problem with the firmware. See the link below.

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/snom.html

We are based in London and we sent a phone to Florida and after some tinkering we got it working.

What I found was something like this - the initial registration with Snoms seem to happen before the Stun server part - and it's only after the SECOND registration after the Stun server verification that the phone show the correct external IP. If you check the 3CX log in conjuction with the internal phone log we saw that initially the internal IP address of the Snom registers with 3CX (thus you can call out from the external Snom but there was nothing being receieved.) As the default registration period with Snoms are 3600 seconds you'd need to wait an hour before this is corrected and if you're tinkering with it then you don't normally wait that long.

To get round this problem we reduced the registration period or just went to the Snom web interface and pressed the re-register button to test this.

We ended up using the 3CX tunnel with the primary identity with a secondary identity a direct 5060 connection if that proxy computer was switched off.

We use Aastras and we have Seimens Gigaset as external extensions with no problems - so if I'd to do it again I'd stay away from Snom.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.