• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

possibility for external location but inlcuded in the PBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

landfiets

Reaction score
Hi there. I am a newbee and would like to know if it is possible to setup an extension in the pbx for an outside phone somewhere in another town.
people who call will have the idea i am on a certain place allthough i could be anywhere in the world as long as there is internet. Is that possible and how do I configure it?

Yes, it is possible. Many (if not most) users already do this. All you have to do is know the external IP of your server, and the external IP of your phone. When you setup the extension, you just use these external IPs and then select the check box (extension is external).

The problem most people encounter with this is port forwarding. I recommend viewing the "Port Forwarding FAQ" thread on this forum as it will tell you what firewall ports to open to allow external sip.

Try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.