Possible Bug- Trying to Read Empty CDR Causes System Hard Lock

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TimF, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimF

Using version 15.5 the system seems to hard lock as soon as I click the CDR option in the system settings. The CDR was empty as I had not done any calls yet. Currently using the Debian version of 3cx version 15.5 with all modules up-to-date. There were no server logs available to point to a reason. After placing a call that was not answered, I have been able to load the CDR web page with no problems.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @TimF

Thank you for reporting. Did the issue occurred when you clicked on the CDR menu button in the system settings before accessing the CDR menu? Was CDR enabled or were you just about to enable it? give us much information as possible so we are able to check.
    Also is the issue now resolved? Can you access the CDR menu consistently?

3. TimF

This is a brand-new install. I have only added some extensions and was just familiarizing myself with the functionality and features of the system. No calls had been made yet. Exploring the web interface I clicked on "settings" and then "$ CDR" and that's when it will lock it. Curious about this I had tried to find anything that I could about it online and there was nothing. I realize that this is an unlikely scenario as there is usually at least one call log placed in an active system. I am still trying to rule out other possibilities, such as hardware, at this time as it is a new install. But, after placing a call from one extension to another, even though the call was not answered, the CDR option in the settings menu now works. I have recreated the same behavior by clearing the call logs and then clicking CDR from the settings menu and again the system will 'hard lock.' After calling one time to an extension, I can then access the CDR again without any trouble.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I just tried clearing the call log on one of my installs but i could not replicate the issue. Perhaps it needs to be a new install. We will investigate this further. Thank you for reporting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.