Possible Bug with .xml creation, 3CX V10 SP3

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by efounco, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efounco

efounco New Member

OK, I'm new to 3CX, so bare with me if I'm incorrect, but shouldn't 3CX recreate or update the <mac address>.xml files stored in the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\ folder when you click "Apply" in the "Phone Provisioning" section of "Edit Extensions"? Unless I manually delete the file on the server or select a different phone manufacturer from the drop-down menu, 3CX doesn't seem to update the .xml file to reflect the changes. The same thing happens if I make changes to more than one extension at a time.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

For 3CX to recreate provisioning files you have to make changes in the provisioning tab. By making changes to other sections in extension settings will not do the trick. If I understand your request clearly, you will need to change a BLF or another setting in provisioning tab then apply and ok. And this will recreate the file.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. efounco

efounco New Member

Actually the .xml file doesn't update by simply clicking on the Apply/OK buttons unless you change the model of the phone. if you simply change a couple of BLF keys in the provisioning tab, the .xml file doesn't get updated UNTIL you select the phone and click 'reprovision'. My problem was that I added a bunch of phones without ever connecting them to the network. Then, I made a couple of changes to the BLF keys. When I connected the unprovisioned phone to the network, it went and grabbed the .xml file that was generated when I originally created the extension (before the changes).

Give it a try, you will see what I mean.

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

of course the phone won't re provision until you tell it to. Now you are talking about re provisioning the phone and recreating the provisioning file. Two separate events. For me when I change something in the phone provisioning tab be it a BLF it recreates the provisioning files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. efounco

efounco New Member

It's not really a 'bug' or big deal. The system just doesn't recreate the .xml file when you make/apply changes inside of the provisioning tab (unless you select a different phone model).

Here's a scenario for you to try:

1. Return 2 phones to factory defaults and disconnect them from the network.
    2. Pre-configure the phones inside of 3CX by keying in the name, voicemail settings, phone model and mac address.
    3. Select both newly created extensions at once and configured the BLF keys.
    4. Now, plug both phones into the network and let them automatically provision.

When you created the extension, an .xml file was created for both phones. However, when you configured the BLF keys, it did not update. Thus, the phones will grab the .xml file and provision themselves, but the BLF keys will not work. Understand?

We only have 25 phones, so it's not a huge deal. However, if you multiplied this by 100 it could be a PITA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.