Possible to force caller id on forwarded calls?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fonewiz, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonewiz

I am wondering if it's possible to force 3CX to always send one of the numbers on the system as the caller-id on forwarded calls? I can't seem to find this option, I am on version 12.

Having issues where calls forwarded to a toll-free number are being rejected by Windstream depending on which numbers calls into 3CX.

The calls are forwarding to a toll-free number so, I think they are killing the calls when they don't like the caller-id the call originally came from. When I call from my cell it goes through fine. Windstream is working through the issue on their end but in the meantime if I could force the caller-id to be the same for all forwarded calls, this would likely fix the issue.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may not be the number itself, that is causing the rejection (is it happening on all calls, or only certain ones?) It may be the fact that there is something in the SIP header that indicates that it is forwarded, and that is what they don't like. If you make changes to the header information for the trunk group, you may have detrimental affects on other calls.

3. fonewiz

They just need to fix it, I was looking for a work around until the carrier resolves.

I don't want to make any changes to the trunk other than forcing caller-id to be one of the numbers actually attached to the group.

There's probably ten ways I can work around this including using a separate carrier for the outbound portion but, that seems extreme. Hopefully they will just get it fixed on Monday.

Thanks for your feedback leejor.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is only calls to Toll-Free numbers, then, depending on where you are located (what country), there may be a number of providers that would love to accept those types of calls, for no charge. Do a search of the web. You could try directing forwarded calls off to one of them as a test, and see if it works. If your provider manages to "fix" things, you can change the routing back, or continue to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.