Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

possible v11 bug - please read me!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Ring Group set to ring all at the same time. A group of 10 extensions.
    1 of the extensions has "Ring My Mobile At The Same Time" enabled.

With that enabled - all all phones in the ring group ring once, then the system tries only the External Mobile device. It took a while to figure out what was going on. Why are the phones only ringing once, but the caller is still getting ring tones?

Finally saw a mobile number in the trunk outbound calls - matched it to my phone list and figured it out.

Can anyone else confirm this occurance in v11?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How is the call going out to the mobile? In most cases, a call going out on just about anything but a VoIP provider (yes, there can be exceptions depending on the gateway and how your provider operates), will be considered answered just after the digits are sent to the gateway. That is probably what is happening in your case. 3CX thinks that the mobile has answered (answer message from the gateway) and ceases ringing the other extensions.

If you were doing testing using the VoIP provider previously, and are now sending the call out over the Patton, that may be the reason.

Try creating an outbound rule for that one mobile number that sends it out over the VoIP provider trunk. Place it ahead of the "general" rule.

3. craigreilly

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

Leejor - that is it exactly. The Patton is getting the call.
    I guess a feature request or option - to ignore the "ring deks and mobile at same time" for Ring Groups is in order.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think, what it comes down to..is , if you wish to use that feature, then you have to be using trunks that are able to provide answer supervision when the mobile actually answers, not before.

If the VoIP trunk you are currently using, is going to remain, then leave the rule for that mobile in place. Any calls to it will try to use the VoIP trunk if it is idle, and the call will work the way you want it to. If the trunks is in use, the call to all others in the ring-group should continue to ring until answered. The mobile will not be rung.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.