Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Posted 11/2017 --- bluetooth connnectivity issues Android

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Big W, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big W

Note --- there are been a number of previous posts on this topic over the past few years but they've been closed out. This is a new post concerning connectivity with a Plantronics Voyager Legend running on an Android 4.1 platform connecting to the Android mobile app version running the 3CX 15.1 version (I hope I have the version correct.) I also believe the Bluetooth version is 4.1. I have also upgraded the Plantronics Voyager to the latest 2017 firmware update.

The mobile 3CX app still doesn't recognize the "answer" button on the Voyager Legend earpiece when pressed. When I receive a call through the 3CX app I need to hit the "answer" button on the app for the earpiece to connect with the phone / application. Is there anything I can do on the application side to achieve full functionality?

2. Big W

Update --- I need to revise one of my items. I'm running Android 7.1.1, not 4.1. To all users experiencing the same problem, after posting this I found more threads citing the same problem. It appears, per the most recent moderator answer, that there's currently no full fledged BT support for the Android app; it does work for IOS.

QUESTION FOR 3CX MODERATOR --- is there an ETA for an updated Android App that supporting Bluetooth, and how can I be notified of a rollout when it happens?

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Full fledged BT support not there for Android.

The answer button on BT headsets is not possible to support on Android, not just for the 3CX application, but for all applications out there. Skype, Facebook, Viber, What'sApp, no one is able to support this on Android. iOS is able to support it properly due to it's "CallKit" functionality, but Android can't properly support it without similar support from the Android OS.

The reason being is that the button you'd find on most bluetooth devices doesn't really send out an "Answer Call" request. It just sends out a very generic "Bluetooth Connect" request to pair with a phone on some devices, while something else entirely is done on other devices. Without going into too much detail, this is why you'l see that no one is able to support this functionality on Android.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.