Postgres Database Server Service Will Not Start

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by malcolmh, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolmh

Hi

I'm new to 3CX and VoIP. My problem is that when I installed the system as a trial over our intranet everything worked fine but when I had to reboot the server running the system the Postgres Database Server Service did not start even though it is set to Automatic. When I tried to start it manually it I get ' Error: 1069-The service did not start due to logon failure'. When I go to the service logon tab it is asking for a username and password for thr '\phonesystem_3cx_' account. This is where I am stuck as I do not have them. Is there a default username and password and why do I get this problem?

Thanks for reading :cry:

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Did you remove the phone system user by any chance from windows?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. malcolmh

As far as I know not. I just rebooted the server.

4. jantoney

Hey,
    to rule out anything that you may have/have not done try reinstalling the 3cx system.
    dl the latest version (v3790) and install it with out uninstalling the old version. This should keep any settings you may have put in there but should reset everything else.
    http://www.3cx.com/ip-pbx/downloadlinks.html

one more thing to try... in services tick on the box that allows the service to interact with the desktop, and try setting the service to start using the local system credentials...
    It may give you more of an error if it fails and it can interact with the desktop...

all else fails... uninstall the whole thing and install again... it may be something that changed before you restarted and was only a once off thing.

also...
    - what version did you install?
    - on what operating system?
    - What Antivirus are you running?
    - Can you get into the 3CX web based control pannel at all?
    - Are there any other relevent logs in Event Viewer around the same time that log is posted?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. malcolmh

Thanks for all that, a very comprehensive reply much appreciated. I'll work my way through your suggestions and let you know how I get on. 8)

6. AndreasMetal

AAh..Experiencing the same problem..

But in my case the 3CX Database Server Service can't Begin. All other 3cx Services can begin, but Database Service not.

After that, I downloaded again the 6th Version of 3CX but it says, that it can continue because 3CX Database server can't start..:(

PlEaSe HeLp,
    Thanks

any help/comment will be apreciated

7. worksighted

worksighted New Member

If you go into the services control panel and right click "3CX Database Server" and select properties....go to "log on" tab....what user is the process running as?

Mike

8. AndreasMetal

User: phonesystem__3cx__

;)

9. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

We had the same problem two weeks ago after we made the server where 3CX is installed on a secondary domain controller.

Adding the phonesystem__3cx__ user to the security policy "Log on as a service" under "Default domain controller security settings" and rebooting the server solved the problem for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.