Pre Configure Best Practice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by full2, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. full2

So what does everyone do for pre-configuration then move to site? I keep hitting these little annoyances. Example: I pre-configure a server in our office, everything is working and I set the the provision link to local interface 192.168.66.x and everything is great. Take it to office where there subnet is different and find out that I need to reinstall 3CX because it will not change the provisioning link based on the interface IP even though I set it to local. Seems like a pain.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Well the step you are missing is to do a backup and restore. Then all of your settings will persist but you can change the IP scheme (properly) on restore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. neville

neville New Member

We normally simulate the clients network using a DMZ network on or firewall. This way, we only need to change the WAN at the client site. We set the wan ip to dynamic and get our outside dmz address. Once on the clients network, change wan IP to static, enter their wan IP, and you are up and going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.