• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Pre Sales - Trixbox Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidenco

Reaction score
We are currently using Trixbox Pro 12.8 Call-Centre Edition with HUD 3.5.

Does 3CX do everything Trixbox Pro CCE does and does it have similar or better functionality compared to HUD?

Does 3CX record calls and if so, what format are they recorded into and is there an API or direct access to these recordings?

What does 3CX operate on? Windows or Linux? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Trixbox works by configuring everything via the browser which sends commands to Fonality's data centre before they're mirrored to the Trixbox server on-site. Does 3CX operate on the same basis or does all configuration take place on-site?

Do you have any documentation which compares features and functionality to other products in the industry? I am looking for a detailed comparison of 3CX vs Trixbox Pro if one exists.

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Hey Davidenco,
From a base feature set, 3CX does just about everything Trixbox does that I'm aware of. Both systems have MANY features, so if you can provide a list of features you actually use, that would be a better comparison.

Most customers I've worked with coming from Trixbox think the HUD is better than the 3CX equivalent, although it didn't stop any of them from switching.

3CX does has the ability to record calls, and it records them in WAV format. Access would be via the software client or direct filesystem access. There is a good 3rd party app that is particularly useful for managing call recordings if you are doing it on a large scale. It will provide a seperate web interface for accessing and will archive them and convert to mp3.

3CX runs on Windows 7 Pro or better, 64bit

3CX configuration is done directly on the 3CX instance itself.

I don't know of any direct comparative documents of 3CX vs Trixbox. But you can see the available 3CX features here:

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.