Pre-stage 3CX off site - licensing concerns

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vvoice, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvoice

What are the best practices/cautions involved when pre-staging 3CX server builds offsite?
    We build customer systems in house then deliver to the customer configured and ready to go.
    I understand that there is a connection between the mac address, private IP, public IP, public FQDN, public certificate, and license that needs to be solidified during the installation process.
    I can deal with setting the system's permanent private IP during staging if necessary. Do I have to temporarily allot one of my office's public IPs and associate my customer's public FQDN with my address, then associate them with the license and certificate during my pre-stage setup? Then do I need to follow some process to change all of this when I deliver it to the customer site? Will anything break?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Easy way, duplicate the client internal IP address - does not matter what wan address it has

Configure 3cx making sure the 3cx IP server address is going to be the same when you take it to the client - setup fdqn , etc

Take the machine to the client, change the wan IP address under settings, configure internal dns settings and you should be good. The external fdqn will be updated if using one of 3cx domains

#2 Saqqara, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.