Predictive dialer, change number to show?

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Casper Søndergaard, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casper Søndergaard

I created a predictive dialer in CFD.
    When its making the call, its calling from ivr:MakeCall. This makes the number i show out to the customer to be Unknown. Is there anyway to change the MakeCall to show trunk number instead of unknown?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Casper Søndergaard,

That depends on how you configure your SIP Trunk. You need to configure it to show the number you want, not taking it from extensions, because here this is a system extension without an outbound caller ID defined, so the trunk will not be able to get the caller id from there...

Regards.
    Ernesto.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Casper Søndergaard

We did setup outbound rules, to point to SIP Trunk that have a caller id. However if we make internal calls it shows "MakeCall" as the caller, and if we make outbound calls through the SIP Trunk it will show "Unknown".

Also the session.ani gives me the number of the caller, however it gives me the number of the caller without "+" or "00", where if i recieve them through the 3CX call control api i recieve the full number?
    eg. number "+44123456789" makes a call, then from the CFD im getting "123456789" where from API im getting the number i want "+4412456789".

Regards
    Casper Søndergaard.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you make internal calls, you will see the caller ID "MakeCall", that's how it works.

For outbound calls, the SIP trunk will send the Caller ID specified in its configuration. You need to edit the SIP Trunk > Caller ID tab > Default Caller ID > Configure Outbound Caller ID > and enter the value you need there.

RE the variable session.ani, that's how 3CX presents the number to the person that will pick up the call. Maybe you have configured inbound caller ID reformatting for the SIP Trunk?

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.