Predictive Dialer Not Pushing numbers

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Lex Luga, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lex Luga

Hi, So I created a predictive dialer using the 3CX CFD App and used PostgreSQL for the database access component. The app compiled just fine and I managed to upload it to the call queue on 3CX Web management console. I added agent extensions to the Dialer but so far the numbers are not being pushed to the agents' extensions. just wondering what could be the problem? Your assistance would be highly welcomed.

Attached Files:

• DB.PNG
      DB.PNG
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
  2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Lex Luga

Please note that the queue in which you have deployed the CFD dialer should not have any agents. That queue will execute the CFD app only. You need another queue with your agents, and configure the CFD dialer to make calls between the external number and the queue extension having the agents.

Also, please take a look at the following guide, so you know how to troubleshoot CFD apps:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/cfd-troubleshooting/

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lex Luga

Just created another call queue and added agents to it. I've looked at the queue log but I'm not able to tell what the problem is real time. The call queue for agents is 803 and for the CFD app, I've configured it to 802. So I really don't know what am doing wrong.

Attached Files:

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That part of the log doesn't show anything... Check the entire log for lines from the dialer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lex Luga

I was looking at this system service log do you know what it could mean?

Attached Files:

• log.PNG
      log.PNG
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • log2.PNG
      log2.PNG
      File size:
      105.3 KB
      Views:
  6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Seems to be a problem sending the backup via HTTP. Not related to the CFD app. Please note that you need to check the 3CXQueueManager.log file if you want logs from the CFD app...

7. Lex Luga

So I managed to find the Queuemanager log, checking the log and found something interesting, there seems to be a password authentication error everytime the dialer tries to execute, I have set the password for postgres user and counterchecked it but the app just refuses to authenticate with the database

Attached Files:

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Well, that's the problem. The database is rejecting the credentials you provided.

9. Lex Luga

Solved the database problem, it as a remote access problem. But now I'm getting this error that the operation has timed out.. Seems like a component is not working cant trace it

Attached Files:

10. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That's again a connection timeout issue, when the CFD app tries to connect to the database. Something is not properly configured in that database, or the network environment in which you are testing.

11. Lex Luga

So on further diagnosis, I can see from the log files the dialer stops at the Query SELECT statement, the log files show that the operation times out when it tries to execute it, consequently when I run the statement on the DB server it executes as intended and returns the numbers to call, but it seems the CFD can't process the query statement, why is that so?

Attached Files:

12. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is not a CFD app issue. The app is fine, the Database component configuration is correct. The problem is establishing the connection to the database. You need to look for the problem in that direction.

13. Lex Luga

So I did manage to find the network problem and configured it, the dialer is now connected to the DB and running, but can't see numbers being pushed to agent extension, here is a sample log file your help will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

14. Lex Luga

Just to add some information, I have uploaded the voice app to queue 802, and I have another queue for agents 803, from this part of the log I can see it shows that the servicing queues are not dialable, I don't know why maybe you can clarify and tell me what am doing wrong. Thanks

Attached Files:

• sn.PNG
      sn.PNG
      File size:
      32 KB
      Views:
  15. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You uploaded your dialer on queue 802, and agents are on queue 803. So, when you make the call, you need to specify:
    Origin = External number
    Destination = 803

Is this how you're configuring your Make Call component?

16. Lex Luga

Yes, that's how I configured the make call component,
    Origin: TRIM(getNextNumber.ScalarResult)
    Destination: "803"

17. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

So to clarify, can you see the MakeCall component launching the call you need in the 3CXQueueManager.log file? In that case, please check the 3CX Activity Logs, because maybe the problem is that you need an outbound rule for this call. If you don't have a proper outbound rule, the call will not be made...

18. Lex Luga

How do I go about creating the outbound rule and where, sorry I'm not so proficient with 3CX just trying to learn it? Thanks for your patience in answering.
    Also saw this in the system service log

Attached Files:

• sys.PNG
      sys.PNG
      File size:
      197.5 KB
      Views:
  19. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

20. Lex Luga

So created an outbound rule for the call queue but still nothing, I'm running a test on an agent extension but still, calls are not being directed there. I've been looking and reading all materials I can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.