Preferences not saved for VoIP Client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Vali_3CX, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Simple

Voip Client is no longer supported by us. However, try following thing first and tell me the result:
    - start the voip client
    - select the device you want (including saving).
    - exit the phone (I mean exit (File/Exit), not minimize to tray)
    - start it again and check if the device you previously set are used.
    In the VoipPhone we had such kind of issue with "plug-and-play" audio devices, such as ones from headsets, which can be dynamically added/removed, so we implemented a mechanism to accomodate these changes with user's preference, mechanism not implemented in the Voip Client you use.

Therefore, I assume your Voip Client is starting BEFORE application installing these devices - it checks for them, doesn't found them, therefore it switch to Windows default ones.
    Tell me if this assumption is correct and, if is, then we will try to find a fix.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

first try to install the lastest version of 3cx. next verify if aspnet user have administrator privilège. and test with an other explorer if it's work, ex firefox.

have good day

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Huh? :roll: :lol:

4. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

:cry: you don't understand me ? or you are not ok ? :cry:

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Simple refers the 3CX VoIP Client - Voip Client has absolutely nothing to do with ASP.NET, administrator privilege, explorer and firefox 8)
    Cheers
    vali

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Simple

Our official softphone is 3CX Voip Phone since several months - you may download from here (~2.2MB)
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXVoIPPhone3.msi
    Try it and see if it works ok in the same conditions - looking forward for your feedback
    Thanks

vali

7. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

houuu :shock:

yes i have not understand everyone houu i'm very tired.i understand that in 3cx admin interface :arrow:

sorry

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Simple
    Thanks for your feedback. The answering (popup) behavior, including stealing focus, has been already changed as you want since quite time ago, so it will be available - among other features and fixes - on the next release.

Regards
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.