Prefix number is not detected for outbound call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Parin, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parin

Hi,

I am new to 3cx and need some help. I have CISCO IP SPA504G phones with 3CX and Patton SN4114 PSTN gateway.
    when i make outbound call i get please dial 1 before outbound number even if I dial 1. after few attempts I can dial the number.
    But I get this annoying message every few calls. Is this related to phone itself or some configuration in 3CX?

Please help! Thanks in advance!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Take a look a your outbound rules and confirm that they are set correctly and pointing to the Patton (where applicable). I do not think the phone (504G) has an inbuilt IVR, but you may also need to check which DTMF method you have set. 3CX can use either in- or out-of band (OOB), but it seems of late that more issue have been reported by those using OOB, so you may want to try using inband or RFC.

Did you configure the Patton and the phones using 3CX?

3. Parin

I did change the DTMF method to InBand. but same issue.

In 3CX I have following settings
    Calls to numbers starting with (Prefix) 1

Route 1 -> Patton_SN4114 Strip Digit 1 Prepend 1

On Phones I have following configuration
    DTMF Process AVT = yes
    DTMF Tx Method = InBound (other options are AVT, INFO, Auto, InBand+INFO, Auto+INFO)

Thanks!

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

How were devices provisioned, manually or by 3CX?

Why strip 1 and then prepend 1?

From a user standpoint it makes it look like in order to dial 999-9999, I need to actually input 1999-9999 (as you stated, calls starting with Prefix 1), then the rule takes away one to make it look like 999-9999 again, and then the rule prepends the 1 to make it look like 1999-9999.

Give me an example of how a number should actually appear as if I were going to dial the number from a regular phone.
    Give me the same phone number as you have users dialing it using 3CX.

Are there other routes and rules for outbound? Can you post a log?

What it is starting to sound like to me, is that it is not 3CX giving you the message, but the carrier. I do not ever recall 3CX giving me a message indicating that I needed to dial a number in order to complete the call.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Go to outbound rules change your strip digit to 0 and prepend to 1. Your problem should be fixed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.