Premium rate number warning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mmmmmmpaul, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmmmmmpaul

Hello,
    We have the occasional need dial premium rate numbers like 0870 but would like the person to get a warning that they are dialling a premium rate number before the call connects, I've had a look through the documentation and the outbound settings but can't see a way to do this.

Is it possible?

How do other people handle this?

Kind Regards
    Paul

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It is not a function that is currently supported in 3CX. You could submit the suggestion in the ideas.suggestion forum.

I am guessing that what one considers to be a "premium rate" call will differ based upon country, telco, and perhaps even one's own opinion. In most of my cases, a premium rate call is to an internation country or a 900 number. We set up outbound rules that preclude those extensions that have no business dialing one of these and then set up rules to allow those that do. Not perfect, but at least offers some deterrence.

mmmmmmpaul likes this.
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Years ago i had submitted a suggestion for a warning tone "tick box" available next to each route in outbound rules. If there was a call overflow then you would be notified that calls were no longer going out over the first choice. this could have also been used against the only route when rules were created only for certain numbers.

Since this option isn't available, what i would suggest, is to create a rule placed ahead of the "general" outbound rule, specifically applied to premium rate numbers sending them to a recording, or simply blocking them. This would block all users from dialling them.

You could then decide how you want people, that should have access, to reach the numbers. You can create a rule specific to certain extensions, that allows the numbers. You can also require that a special prefix be added, so that not only certain extensions could call, the user would also have to prefix the number with a 3 or 4 digit "access code".

NickD_3CX and mmmmmmpaul like this.
  4. mmmmmmpaul

Thank you, I will give them a go tonight when everyone else has gone home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.