Prepend 0 on CLI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by harryk, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryk

Hi,

is it possible to prepend a zero (0) or any other digit for incoming calls? Incomin calls are displayed without the "line access" digit on the phone e.g. 0112345678. area code is 01 and number is 12345678. To be able to call the number back directly is is necessary to dial 00112345678. 0 for outside line access and the number as well. Can 3CX manupilate the incoming CLI?

regards

Harald
    CCIE

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi there,

The possibility to modify the inbound number does not currently exist.

I assume you want to be able to redial local numbers. To do this, setup an outbound rule. In the "numbers starting with" field add a comma separated list of all known local prefixes. You can also specify a restriction for number length. This will redirect calls to local numbers through the gateway of your choice.

Thanks,

3. harryk

Hi,

yes this should work, however it is not an ideal solution. This has nothing to do with local number redialing to do. I want to dial back all incoming numbers based on the incoming CLI - even international numbers need the access line digit prepended (CLI = 00498912345678 need to be modified like this 000498912345678, isnt it? Because i have to access the default "outside" line with a 0, it is necessary to prepend it. At the moment it is only possibel to dial internal numbers back based on the incomig CLI. Simply, because internal phones do not need an outside line to be reachable. Any plans to implement basic rule based inbound CLI modification functionality?

regards

Harald
    CCIE

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Harald,

I agree that users would find this useful.

Would you kindly add this to the feature request forum?

Thanks,

5. harryk

Hi,

yes I can do this.

Harald

6. Henk

Henk Member

instead of prefixing the CLI, can you get away with prefixing the dial out?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.