• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Prepend a "semi-custom" Outbound parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian.watts

Reaction score
For an IP-based trunk, I can prepend a value to the number being dialed by an Outbound Rule and things work.
However.. that makes for some rather messy rules.

I was trying to take something like "CalledNum" from http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/voip-provider-template/ and set a custom parameter to my prepended string "and" that variable afterwards.
The end result I "need" is for the INVITE from user part to be like allthebest123*[email protected].
What I get when putting allthebest123*$CalledNum as a custom item.. is the same thing. It doesn't expand that variable.

How can I get that variable to expand.. so that instead of a bunch of wonky rules I can just prepend that prefix to numbers as this trunk invites calls?

It has less to do with my situation, more to do with mashing a string and variable together as a custom value.
Can it be done?

Hi there,
Unfortunately this can only be done through outbound rule with Prepend field.
No concatenation can occur on Voip provider/Outbound Parameters field, if using the custom variable, it will become a static value, which will not include the called num anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.