Prepend a "semi-custom" Outbound parameter

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

For an IP-based trunk, I can prepend a value to the number being dialed by an Outbound Rule and things work.
    However.. that makes for some rather messy rules.

I was trying to take something like "CalledNum" from http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/voip-provider-template/ and set a custom parameter to my prepended string "and" that variable afterwards.
    The end result I "need" is for the INVITE from user part to be like allthebest123*18002571234@best.host.ever.
    What I get when putting allthebest123*$CalledNum as a custom item.. is the same thing. It doesn't expand that variable.

How can I get that variable to expand.. so that instead of a bunch of wonky rules I can just prepend that prefix to numbers as this trunk invites calls?

It has less to do with my situation, more to do with mashing a string and variable together as a custom value.
    Can it be done?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Unfortunately this can only be done through outbound rule with Prepend field.
    No concatenation can occur on Voip provider/Outbound Parameters field, if using the custom variable, it will become a static value, which will not include the called num anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.